Immigration company ceased trading??

Guest raff66

Has anyone heard, or is there a thread I cannot find relating to the company *********** ****

I have just found out that they have possibly gone bankrupt. We were in the process of applying for student visa plus family, which we put on hold due to house sale falling through. We have paid up front for all services here and in Oz after 2 years of study plus work experience. Our parents also paid up front for visas to join their son. We did pay by credit card. Not sure how to get info or start some proceedings.

Thanks for any help

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi raff66,

I'm sorry that I had to edit your post to remove the company name,this company has sent correspondence to the site owner telling us not to name the company or face legal action.

There has been a thread about this issue but I am unable to locate it at the moment,my advice to you is to send a private message to Gill (Gollywobbler) about it,she is very knowledgable about this sort of thing and will be able to offer you sensible advice about what to do,alternatively you could send an email to a migration agent like Alan Collett or George Lombard,they will also be able to help you sort out what to do next.

Good luck

Nigelinoz

Guest wanderer

Was it the thread where my mate Jamie thought biffo was an apt name

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/69868-where-my-re-location-agency.html

Very first thing I'd do would be to check with your bank and see if you can put a freeze on the credit card processing.

In Australia you can do within three months I think it is of a transaction date.

You'll need to give the reasoning - bankruptcy, failure to deliver services etc., and if in time you could be lucky.

If not, I'd reckon the cost of chasing a bankrupt company for money could be a lost cause though if there's insurance of one sort or another, could be possibilities that way.

Archived